GMDX adds new, empowering game mechanics that deepen existing game mechanics, and add entirely new ways to tackle obstacles. How you interact with the game is both polished and deepened on many levels. This list only includes new mechanics that are not intuitive to discover, or can be missed entirely without extensive experimentation.
Note: absolutely everything listed here is entirely optional to use.
- If using the Microfibral Muscle augmentation & whilst holding an object, left mouse button=power throw, right mouse button=light throw.
- Hold the ‘Jump’ key whilst airborne to mantle onto nearby objects.
- Press “Secondary Weapon” (default key = F) to use your secondary weapon, if you assigned one via the inventory screen. The advantage of secondary weapons is additional speed of use, and always having a convenient second form of attack to hand.
- Right-click objects in the inventory to use or equip them. Press the middle mouse button to drop them. Take heed of this one, as it saves a LOT of time. You can also right click augmentations in the augmentations screen to toggle them on and off.
Corpse Interaction Fix
- Double right click to pick up a corpse regardless of their inventory (originally you couldn’t pick up a corpse unless you had taken all their inventory).
- Hold lean left+lean right simultaneously to lean up/peek over cover from crouch position, or to stand on tip toes from standing position. Additionally, you can now move slowly while leaning, you can lean over edges, and corpses and other small items on the floor will not prevent you from leaning.
- Holster your weapon then press left click when looking at items of the pickup category to use them in the world without having to put them in your inventory first. Items such as soy food, medkits & fire extinguishers.
- Use the mouse wheel (Next Weapon/Previous Weapon) when looking through a scope (or binoculars) to zoom in or out. Additionally, right clicking while looking through a scope will exit the scope ONLY, not exit the scope and holster your weapon (and a subsequent click will holster, should you choose to).
- Attach a hi-tech scope to the GEP gun and use it for remote guidance of fired rockets. Attach a laser to the GEP gun and enable it to laser-guide fired rockets. Use the mouse to guide the rocket.
Reload Cancel (Shotguns Only)
- Cancel loading shells into the shotgun by pressing the ‘fire/shoot’ button.
- You can now jump from ladders. Press jump while on a ladder and looking away from it.